Two halves
In the end, Eddie decided to stay in Gothenburg with his girlfriend over the weekend, leaving me with a bit of time to catch up on work and running. With Malmö Marathon only seven weeks away, I thought that running two half marathons on consecutive days, while focusing on keeping my heart rate down (137 and 133 bpm on average, respectively), would be a good way to build some aerobic volume. By running half the distance on asphalt, I also hoped to get some practice on harder surfaces, much as I prefer running on trails.
Coming out
to Tylösand, the weather was all wind and grey skies, with big waves rolling in
and a sense of summer drawing to an end. On the way back, there was a bit of
rain too and, passing the surfers at Sandhamn, the melancholy in the air was
palpable. But a few hours into the afternoon, the sky has cleared again, so
perhaps I should take a break from work and go for a walk into the city centre.
Labels: running



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home