Hovs hallar
Drinking
coffee from my orange Santa Cruz mug, I am struck by the fact that I am much
more familiar with the Central Coast in California than with our own stretch of coast here at home.
To give just one example, I have never been to Hovs Hallar (where the
blueberries are from), despite it being only fifty kilometres away and renowned
for its natural beauty.
As I look
towards the autumn, I hope to make up for my lack of local geographical
knowledge. There are still so many places along the Halland and Skåne coast
that I have never properly explored, and my run to Båstad alone gave me a
couple of new favourites. For now, I am happy to put dreams of distant shores
on hold. Still, it is unusual for me not to have a single trip to look forward
to (Stockholm for work in September does not really count, lovely as it is), and with plenty
of miles expiring later this year, something tells me that I will come up with
something before long.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home