Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Early voting

Waking with the first light, I ran out to Tylösand, where the sea was perfectly calm, with only an Emirates A380-800 passing overhead on its way to Los Angeles. Running back into the sun on soft trails, I felt immensely privileged to be able to start a day like this and, with every kilometre, I picked up speed, feeling stronger and stronger. It was pretty much the opposite of how I felt two weeks ago, when I pushed myself way too hard on the same route.

After a few meetings at work, including one about the new course on AI and public administration that we are developing, I went down to City Hall to cast my vote in the 2026 general election, as I will be in Prague with Sofi on 13 September. Answering the questions in SVT's election compass, I was surprised by how strongly I matched with Centerpartiet, considering that the party is almost the opposite of where I stand on several issues, including urbanization and environmental policy. 

It should come as no surprise to readers of this blog that I voted left, despite how much I dislike the repressive turn that the Social Democrats have taken.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home