Kungsbacka
As
expected, the early morning departure was brutal, but that did not really
matter once I got to see William again, ten days after our grand day out in
Gothenburg. Taking the train to Kungsbacka together, I got an update on his
first week back at school, including a swimming proficiency test in Härlanda
Tjärn, which he unsurprisingly passed with flying colours. And in no time at
all, we were at the day’s unlikely chess tournament venue: a Peugeot dealership
in Inlag.
Walking
onto the site, I spotted a fully electric horse truck ingeniously branded “Plug
and Ride”, reminding me again how politically effective it would be to brand
electric vehicles as 100% nuclear powered – shifting the discourse around
nuclear power from last resort to first choice.
As for the
chess, William won three and drew one of his five rounds, ultimately finishing
fourth and gaining another 20 Elo rating points, all while a heavy thunderstorm
passed overhead. Luckily, the sky cleared once again, so by the time I got down
to Halmstad, I had forgotten all about yesterday’s rest-day promise and headed
out for five sunset kilometres along the coast.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home