Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Night scooting

Due to rail maintenance work, the first morning train from Gothenburg to Stockholm now leaves as early as 4:19 a.m. Wanting to be in Stockholm by nine, and with the ticket costing only a few hundred SEK in first class, it was the best option, even if it meant having to get up in the middle of the night. Luckily, I do not mind going to bed early.

Not knowing whether I would find an electric scooter, and with public transport still hours away, I set the alarm for 3:10 a.m. and, after a quick shower, I was on my way, ready to walk the three kilometres to the railway station. To my surprise, I found a scooter just outside the door, so, in the end, I had more than half an hour’s margin – enough time to take in the brightening easterly sky, the party crowd who had apparently decided to go straight from the club to the train, and the sleek stainless steel frame of the X2000, which would take me on a convoluted route via Borås to Stockholm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home