Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Trail Fox

In Gothenburg, winter is back with a vengeance as the temperature has fallen down to -17 degrees overnight. Still frozen to be bone after my ultra adventure, I listened to the kids and made spaghetti bolognese with a bottle of “The Fox and the Grapes” as props.

After due consideration, I have decided not to run Sandsjöbacka Trail 60 on Saturday as I need to give my body more time to recover, and I also have to take care of the kids after being away this weekend so Anna can get some time on her own. Yesterday, she started her new job in Trollhättan which seems to be a really nice academic environment. Going forward, she plans to commute with the Norwegian “Signatur” trains going between Gothenburg and Oslo as they have some incredible prices for local travel in Sweden.

As for foxes, I just found a 50k race on Møns Klint called the “Trail Fox South Coast Ultra” in mid-August which seems like a much less extreme way of enjoying Danish pastries than the race I just finished. Like Rügen, Møns Klint is somehow always present in my imagination so I think I should give it a shot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home