Thursday, June 30, 2022

Powerade

After running 4,000 km last year, I have struggled to return to higher volumes this year, reaching 200 km per month first in March and then 272 km in May. Today, on the very last day of June, I finally made it all the way to 300 km and, thus, completed Strava’s “Running Endurance Challenge” for June. Considering that I have Fjällmaraton 100k coming up in a little more than a month from today, I really need the volume and to work on my aerobic base.

With Umeå experiencing somewhat of a heat wave, the temperature is 29 degrees at the moment, and I saw quite a few dogs struggling in the heat as I made my way around the lake. Luckily, for my own part, I had some cold Powerade in store after the first 10k. Though probably not all that healthy, I really appreciate Powerade for my races but maybe I should try some Tailwind in preparation for Chiltern Wonderland.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home