Tuesday, February 08, 2022

At long last

After nine days without any aerobic activities, I finally went skiing around the lake tonight. I do not know why, but the evening had an eery postapocalyptic feel to it. All alone, with only my headlamp to guide me across the ice, I got all these dark thoughts about Ukraine and where the world is heading.

Last night, I came to think of the fact that while the media has remained focused on a possible invasion of Ukraine, Putin has already staged a large number of troops in Belarus, making the prospects of its democracy movement even bleaker while increasing the vulnerability of the Baltic States. 

Boys with toys. Nothing is more predictable than people who feel sorry for themselves or cling to power through deceit and corruption. As with climate change, it is just so sad that we have to descend deeper and deeper into this self-made darkness before we somehow realize what was obvious all along: that we are into this together and that we simply have to take responsibility for the world that we have created.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home