Sunday, March 07, 2021

Breaks

As a runner, one of the most difficult things is to know when enough is enough. With both kids off from school for the coming week, I decided that it was time to take a five-day long break to give my left Achilles tendon in particular a chance to recover. Still, I can already tell how painful it will be to see my Strava fitness score plummet and the Polar app informing me that I am “detraining”. Before my break however, I made sure to top up with one last run to bring this week’s total volume up to 80 km.

Otherwise, the plan for “sportlovet” is that Anna will be working on her PhD at the office while I will be at home with the kids, with the exception for Tuesday morning when I have a thesis seminar. As for work, last week I had the final Zoom meeting with the pedagogical mentor programme that I started back in August. Overall, it is a been really worthwhile as it has given me a chance to reflect on my journey as a university teacher and also meet a lot of people who are genuinely committed to higher education. However, after this course, and the six others that I have taken since moving back from Korea in 2014, I think I will take a break with UPL courses for now :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home