Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Linköping

I cannot recount the number of times that I have gone in front of an audience knowing that I would get toasted for expressing contrarian views on everything from climate policy to global development. While some may secretly agree, it is surely not popular to challenge received views about how poor people should live or the risks of nuclear energy. As such, it was such a treat to have a two-hour seminar where everyone was just happy and enthusiastic. In fact, it even made me briefly consider a career in pedagogical research :-)

Now I am at the station in Linköping, eating the first saffron bun of the year and drinking too much coffee. The yellow book by Olga Togarczuk is keeping me company as I wait for the high-speed train to take me north. After all the travelling, I am very much looking forward to coming home and making some tabbouleh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home