Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Port lights

Ever since growing up in Kalmar, I have been fascinated by sea ports at night. There is something with their lights, their liminal character and how they beckon of distant continents. Looking through old pictures from when I lived in Gothenburg, I found the one below, taken in January 2009, right after I got back from Australia.

Today has been a whirlwind of course planning, grant application writing and one hour on the bus with William going back and forth only to discover that the church did not have any singing for kids due to “sportlovet” (the famous Swedish mid-winter break which I always spent with my parents on a train somewhere in Eastern Europe). At least I was able to steal a moment at the gym, still falling short of those 10k in 50 minutes though but hopefully I will get there soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home