Monday, March 07, 2016

Tomtebo

The snow keeps falling and spring seems as distant as ever. Yet, in less than three months it will be June and we will have moved into our newly built home right at the lake in Tomtebo.

I have never been much into home ownership but the housing market in Umeå is what it is. After spending months looking for somewhere more permanent with hundreds of people answering the same ads, we simply gave up. With two small (and highly destructive) kids, we are obviously not the best tenants and I can understand why landlords pick someone else given how strong demand is. So, in the end, we had little other choice than buying. Nevertheless, had someone told me five years ago that I would end up buying a row house in Northern Sweden, it would definitely have been a stretch to my imagination.

While we still do not know the exact number, the street name will be "Lyktvägen" once all the houses are built so please come and visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home