Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sunshine and noir

“-Enjoy it while it lasts.”
“-The very words I live by.”


Maybe the only James Bond quote I have found reason to return to. Today is Saturday and I am back with my parents at the Baltic seashore after some birthday festivities in and about Copenhagen.

So, here it finally is, three zero day. A lifetime later I find myself sipping some Australian white wine at the restaurant Byttan, a taste of what is to come. Reading a bit in "Grand Tour" I figure that my own tour, at least the web based one, once again will have to take a little break. First, I don’t feel I have much meaningful to write about for the moment *, and second, there is far too much work out there which stresses me. So, a break, probably until I land in Melbourne on the 3rd of October. Or maybe there will be some small posts of live reporting from the 16th of September when the Swedish parliament will open after its summer recess. Then I will be in Stockholm together with thousands of others to protest against the new mass surveillance law. I urge you to join: remember, remember the sixteenth of September!


* Or more specially, I once again suffer from the perennial problem of finding the proper balance between personal associations and public reasoning. Makes me wish I was one of those up-and-coming 20+ weblogging girls who are talented enough to make a point of being non-identifiable and genre transcending. But on the other hand, I am also inclined to agree with a comment further down on Elin Grelsson’s weblog which suggests that "the private is always perverse".

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Congrats! Sitting in a bar contemplating ageing... Like Dylan in Highlands. The waitress didn't ask you to draw a picture of her or if you read women authors..?

8:11 pm  
Blogger Rasmus Karlsson said...

- No, and that was of course a bit dissappointing given all the hype. Yet, I do not want to join the cadres of middle-aged men who quote lines from Wolf's unfinished memoir:

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."

9:34 pm  
Blogger Gabriel said...

We are the hollow men... Oh, not to worry, thirty is not middle-aged. I'm sure Joyce said something fitting to quote here, if I could just remember...

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home