Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Morning train

Travelling south along the west coast of Sweden with the first X2000 morning service, I will be in Lund just in time for the department morning coffee. Yesterday was a good day, I sent in a slightly revised version of my conference paper with a summary to Manchester Metropolitan University, bought a nice camera and made my favourite pasta salad.

Tonight, there will be a seminar on Marx and capitalism at the Malmö Festival at seven. Until then, administrative duties and preparations for the teaching I will undertake in September before leaving for Australia.

Listening to Amy Macdonald’s enchanting Scottish accent, “where you gonna sleep tonight”, no problem relating there. Every so often I miss my room under the American trees with its white rocking chair, it has been close to three months now of roaming homelessness. In a sense, being this kind of “homeless light” strips away all that unnecessary weight and brings forth the fundamentals. At the same time, I never thought I would long so much for a simple wardrobe or a fridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home