Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday

I just boarded a metal-grey N.E. corridor train, one that will make all local stops between the airport and New Brunswick. Yesterday evening, coming in late from Mexico, I could not reach my train connection so I decided to rent a car and hit the Turnpike once more. A fierce and blinding rain welcomed me back to the Estados Unidos. With the rain still falling this morning, I decided to make the best of the situation and drive over to Jersey Gardens (a large mall close to Newark) and do some necessary shopping before returning the car. The economic miserabilism of the media appeared as distant as ever with thousands of Americans lining up for their favourite weekend activity. Still reeling from my unexpected travel expenses, I limited my shopping to a pair of white towels, a discounted suitcase (the old American Tourister acquired in Monfalcone, Italy, finally gave up on me yesterday), and some Chinese food court lunch. “-Next stop, New Brunswick, New Brunswick is next!”. Okay, I leave this as a rather naturalistic post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home