Saturday, November 19, 2022

Present absence

Having dropped off my parents at the railway station, it was time for me to return the rental car to Circle-K. After nearly two months driving different cars, including an already legendary white Toyota Starlet, it is now back to car-free life for the remainder of the semester. Looking out over the parking lot last night, one could really talk about a present absence.

This morning, Anna and I went for a run in the snow around Sävar which made it absolutely clear that we are no longer in Rio. Running in my long-time favourite Icebug Newrun Bugrip GTX, I was grateful for the steel studs as ice had accumulated on the roads overnight. Tomorrow morning, I plan to take the bus into town and go for a longer winter run with Petra but, first, a walk with Eddie along the river.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home