Monday, June 26, 2017

Nautical twilight

The Breakthrough Dialogue came and went. With 6 + 9 hours of time changes in my body, I was always the first to have breakfast in Surfbird. One morning, as I was waiting in bed for the day to break with an espresso in my hand, I read up on the different types of twilight (such as “astronomical”, “nautical” and “civil”) before heading out in the thick Pacific mist with my running shoes on. My thighs still remind me that running up the Marin Headlands is something very different from running around Nydalasjön in Umeå.

And, as always, the road was there. The space in between. Any minute, my SAS flight to Umeå will start boarding, wrapping up what has been a 23,574 miles’ journey around the world. Now, fortunately, many weeks on the ground in North Sweden await.

“We lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies” – Jack Kerouac

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home