Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shadows

After 15 km of fast running through the sunset, it felt as if I had truly earned some fine Italian food at café a taglio, a glass of chianti and time to read the book that Robyn generously gave me today. One may find the setting slightly ironic, reading a book on the role of consumption in shaping unsustainable dynamics while drinking Italian wine at the shores of the Tasman Sea. But, unlike its Canadian author Peter Dauvergne, I am (as you all probably know by now) rather optimistic about the possibilities of global commerce. However, given that the last x or so posts on Rawls & Me have been on these issues, I will let my case rest. // Out of Cape Cod tonight All the way to New Jersey All the way to the Garden State // Vampire Weekend playing in my earphones, music as streaming consciousness, as often I allow memories to fill me with ambiguity, and though everything is fine I am still asking myself what the coming years will be like. With my research visit to Australia I have taken the de-contextualization to its outermost, in the future I think some structure and stability will do me good, colleagues and cake-lists. But first, another 40 days in Australia and then already a planned talk at the University of Georgia, Athens, in February in conjunction with the ISA-conference in NYC. However, hopefully not * Gold renewal in 2009.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home