Thursday, September 23, 2021

Onshore winds

With a yellow warning for heavy rain in effect, I decided to run next to the kids as they rode on their bikes to school. Considering that yesterday was the World Car Free Day, I thought I should take this opportunity to say something about our plans for the winter now when the Thule Cougar is no more.

While it would of course be tempting to simply buy an old Volvo, our goal is still to bike everyday throughout the winter. Since this will obviously not be possible, we have agreed on a kind of car-pool arrangement with one of our neighbours so that we have a backup on those days when there is simply too much ice or the winter is too harsh. 

Today, we are expecting another 50 mm of rain due to strong onshore winds from the Gulf of Bothnia, so I think the afternoon school run will be just as much of an adventure. At least, I managed to make some pretty decent "fika" in between.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home